- Anthony Gomes
Recently, email marketing, which is a subset of online or digital marketing, has gained immense popularity. Owing to the fact it reaches the customer’s inbox, emails have a fair share to either make or break your chances of making profits!
So do you want to curate emails that will ensure a customer response? If yes, then the first thing you need to steer clear from appearing “sales-y” as that might ruin up your chances to generate a reply, totally! You need to know very well that using stereotypical templates or asking for a response, will not yield any good results. If your objective is to keep the string of customer responses to your direct mailers and other emails constant, then you need to approach this from a place of empathy and authenticity than marketing and a profit generating point of view.
Media Fx, an expert digital marketing company in Kolkata has three cool and smart tips to share that will help you not only get responses, but also fetch maximum eyeballs with your mail content. And a positive response goes a long way in conversion, which translates customer goodwill and favorable ROI.
So here’s how to get it done!
- Address the customer’s benefit
Every customer opening your email will have the same question in mind – “What’s there in store for me here?”! So addressing the customer need or demand right at the start is what will work in your favor. So whilst creating a marketing email, keep a check on the following:
- Make the subject line address the customer mindset – “What’s in it for me”
- Make your email opening brief, crisp and to the point than being verbose
- Give interesting inputs in a neutral tone justifying the action that you want the reader to take i.e. reading a PDF, downloading a free MP3 and the like
- Keep the CTA (Call to Action) effective and short
Creating an effective email with these guidelines is rather easy. All you need to do is start thinking from the customer’s point of view for a while than business promotion and you’ll have your format right in front of you.
- Aim to attract the attention of mobile readers right at the start
Since there a number of emails that keep flooding a customer’s inbox on a daily basis, your email needs to provoke ample curiosity so that the customers decide to click open your email over the others. Hence, the way out is – “Think different” and “Think out of the Box”. The aim is to get your mobile readers open the emails on their mobile device. So other than focusing on the subject line itself, as digital marketers you also need to focus on the very first sentence of the email. One good way to do it is to have the customer’s name in the first sentence of the email. This will obviously grab the eyeballs than emails that don’t carry the customer name. Your SEO will be able to help you on this making most of their know-how of keyword placement.
- Mend your grammar and keep it correct, always
This might appear like an orthodox on getting your online content right, but it goes a long way in eliciting the desired response that you want from your potential as well as existing customers. So when you are creating an email, make sure that you follow the three rules listed below:
- Check thoroughly so that you don’t make any spelling errors in the customer’s name. As if there’s an error, regardless how great your pitch is you have crossed the customer with that little faux pass.
- Make sure there are no spelling mistakes anywhere in the email
- Also ensure that your email has the right grammar in terms of tense, adjectives, nouns and the like
A correct expression of what you want your customer to know about your latest or existing service or product will help you generate a favorable response.
Being an established digital marketing company in Kolkata and helping many cities based clients to make the most of their email marketing campaigns, Media Fx suggests taking note of these three aspects to get the best customer responses and make better profits.